Shelburne Town Clerk
||Joseph J. Judd
||Mon & Tues 10am - 5pm
||51 Bridge Street, Shelburne, MA 01370
Town Meeting and Election
Responsibilities of the Town Clerk include:
- Prepares local election ballots, oversees all elections and election related activities.
- Records and certifies all actions of the Town Meeting, submits any bylaw or zoning by law amendments to the Attorney General.
- Posts all hearing and meeting notices on Town bulletin board.
- Records and administers Oath of Office and records Appointments and Resignations of all elected and appointed Town Officials.
- Issues raffle/bazaar permits, dog licenses, marriage licenses, certified copies of birth, marriage, death certificates, business certificates D/B/A.
- Conducts the Annual Town Census every January.
- Assists the public with Genealogical research.
- Records Access Officer for Massachusetts public records law requests in Shelburne.
The Town Clerk is elected each year for a one year term.
All Dogs 6 months or older must be licensed by March 31st each year to avoid a late fine. More information can be found on the Dog Licenses page.