Bridge Street Construction Update - October, 2021
Bridge Street Construction
Plans for October 12, 13 and 18
- A. Martins has scheduled the final paving layer for October 13. Please note that paving is weather dependent.
- No parking on Bridge Street for paving during construction hours (7:00am-3:00pm) on Wednesday, October 13. Residents and businesses owners parking on Bridge Street between the Iron Bridge and Baker Avenue should move their cars before 7 am. The sidewalks will be open for pedestrian traffic during this period.
- Martins will return on Tuesday, October 12 to prepare for the final paving. This will include raising some structures on the north side of Bridge Street, between Water Street and the Iron Bridge. Parking may be unavailable in this section of Bridge Street while work is ongoing.
- Line striping has been scheduled for Monday, October 18. The new asphalt must “cure” for a few days before striping can occur. No parking on Bridge Street for line striping during construction hours (7:00am-3:00pm) on Monday, October 18. Residents and businesses owners parking on Bridge Street between the Iron Bridge and Baker Avenue should move their cars before 7 am. The sidewalks will be open for pedestrian traffic during this period. Striping is also weather dependent and also may be rescheduled if the final paving is delayed.
- Martins is responsible for repairing the street lights damaged during construction.
- A reminder that tree planting will occur in spring 2022, at the recommendation of the Town’s Tree Committee, in order to provide optimal plant selection and growing conditions. The tree pits have been temporarily capped with a thin layer of asphalt for safety.
Any questions or issues can be directed to email@example.com or 978-657-9714.
Posted: to Town of Shelburne News on Mon, Oct 4, 2021
Updated: Fri, Oct 8, 2021