Board of Health
Board of Health COVID-19 Updates are posted on the NEWS page
Shelburne is a member of the Franklin County Cooperative Public Health Service (CPHS), a regional health district administered by the Franklin Regional Council of Governments. The Health Agents, Public Health Nurses and Community Health Educator provide environmental health inspections, communicable disease investigation and prevention, code enforcement, education, wellness, and special programs; CPHS staff work closely with members of the Town Board of Health on these matters.
To learn more, and for contact information, please see the CPHS website at: https://frcog.org/program-services/cooperative-public-health-services/ .
If you need to apply for a Board of Health Permit please go to the FRCOG CPHS online permitting webpage: https://frcog.org/inspections-permits/health/ and follow the instructions.
No meetings currently scheduled.
3 of 3 seats. 1 years each seat.
- Fred Vohr. June, 2022.
- Joanne Stetson. June, 2022.
- Ron Kelter. June, 2022.
What we do
The Board of Health’s mandated duties include health care and disease control, enforcement of housing and dwelling codes; monitoring of and providing for hazardous waste disposal; enforcement of Title 5; investigating nuisances which may be injurious to health; enforcing the State Sanitary code involving food service establishments, enforcing the State Environmental Code regarding safety and sanitation of public swimming pools and recreational camps, and serving on the Town’s local and regional emergency management committees.
In addition, the Shelburne BOH has passed regulations " Restricting the Sale of Tobacco Products”, "Prohibiting Smoking in Work Places and Public Places" and a “Regulation to Ensure the Sanitary and Safe Operations of Marijuana Establishments and the Sale of Marijuana.” Links to those regulations are below.
On November 1, 2018, the Shelburne Board of Health began using the services of the FRCOG Community Public Health Services Program and their licensed/certified Health Agents. The CPHS program assists local Board of Health in four areas:
- Public Health Nursing Program: Communicable Disease, Wellness Clinics
- Food Safety
- Septic Systems and Private Wells
- Community Sanitation: Camps, Pools, Housing, and Lead
If you have any questions regarding the permitting process or if you need a permit that is not covered by the online system, please either call and leave a message for the Board of Health at 625-0300 ext. 8 or email Boardofhealth@townofshelburnema.gov.
- Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 09:30 AM -- Zoom Meeting ID 359 058 3442
- Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 09:30 AM -- Via Zoom
- Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 09:00 AM -- Zoom Meeting ID 359 058 3442
- Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 09:30 AM -- Zoom Meeting ID 359 058 3442
- Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 09:00 AM -- Zoom Meeting ID 359 058 3442
- Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 09:30 AM -- Zoom Meeting ID 359 058 3442
- Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 09:30 AM -- Zoom Meeting ID 359 058 3442
- Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 09:00 AM -- ZOOM
- Mon, May 24, 2021 at 06:00 PM -- Zoom - See agenda below for log in details
- Mon, May 17, 2021 at 09:00 AM -- Zoom Meeting ID: 860-2798-4505
- Show 69 More...